RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
Some Windows 10 users have tried to play an older version of Need for Speed High Stakes, but found that the game was not installed or working properly. While some users report a “lack of memory during installation” at the end of the installation process, others are able to install the game without any problems, but fail to launch it.
Starting the installation program with administrator privileges
If the error occurs during the installation phase of Need for Speed High Stakes, the problem may be due to insufficient authorizations. Several affected users who found themselves in a similar scenario have confirmed that they solved the problem by running the installation program with administrator privileges.
To do this, right-click on the installation program (setup.exe) and select “Run as administrator” from the context menu that appears. When prompted to administer the user account, click “Yes” to grant administrator access.
Make sure you can complete the installation after granting administrator rights. If the problem persists, proceed with the following possible solution.
Updated January 2021:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. Moreover, this utility corrects common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware errors, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. With this software, you can solve and prevent computer problems quickly:
- Stap 1: Download de PC Recovery and Optimization Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2: Click on the “Start Scan” button to find Windows registry issues that can cause PC problems.
- Step 3: Click on the “Fix All” button to fix all the problems.
Starting the memory diagnostics utility
If the above steps did not help you, I recommend running the Memory Diagnostic Utility and checking it out. Follow these steps:
a) Press the Windows + X keys and select “Control Panel”.
b) Change the display in the upper right to “Large Icons”.
c) Click on “Administrative Tools” and select “Windows Memory Diagnostics”.
d) Click on “Restart now and check for problems”.
Installing the game in compatibility mode
It may not be possible, but you can try installing it in compatibility mode.
Follow the steps below to install in compatibility mode :
Right-click on Installer>Properties>Compatibility>Select Operating System
Update the graphics driver.
First of all, make sure you are logged in as an administrator, i.e. H., and not as a regular user. If you don’t know what that means, keep hoping for the best.
- Press “win + r” (the “win” key is located between the left Ctrl and Alt keys).
- Type “devmgmt.msc” (without the quotes) and press the Enter key.
- Under “Graphics cards”, right-click on the graphics card and select “Properties”.
- Click on the “Driver” tab.
- Click on “Update driver…. “.
- Click on the “Automatically check updated drivers” button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
If this does not work, another option is to download the drivers directly from your hardware vendor. Under “Graphics Card” look for the name of the graphics card (in the example below, “NIVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX / 9800 GTX +”).
- If it starts with NVIDIA, go to www.nvidia.com.
- If it starts with access to information, go to www.amd.com.
- If it starts with INTEL, go to www.intel.com.
In rare cases, some laptops try to use the wrong graphics chipset for Algodu (we have only heard about this problem with the “NVidia Optimus” chipset). Fortunately, the solution to this problem is simple:
- Right-click on your desktop and select the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Select “Manage 3D Settings” in the left pane.
- Select the “Program Settings” tab in the main window.
- Click on the Add button.
- Navigate to the Algodoo folder (C: Program Files (x86) Algodoo), select Algodoo.exe and click “Open” (this step probably depends on your operating system, but it is relatively easy to find).
- Click on the drop-down menu and select “NVIDIA High Performance Processor”.
- Click the “Apply” button in the lower right corner and you’re good to go.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Convenience Store
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing computer professional. I have years of experience in computer programming, troubleshooting and hardware repair. I specialize in web development and database design. I also have CCNA certification in network design and troubleshooting.
insufficient memory available to run setup,need for speed high stakes resolution fix,need for speed high stakes vista patch,how to fix error 111,need for speed: high stakes modern patch,need for speed high stakes widescreen,need for speed high stakes myabandonware,need for speed: high stakes size