1.2 Undoing the installation of the monitor driver
- Press the right start button.
- Select Device Manager.
- Display expansion adapter.
- Right-click on the specified adapter and select Remove Device.
- Select Uninstall the driver software for this camera.
- Select Delete.
- Reboot your computer
Can’t Windows automatically find and load new drivers? Don’t worry, we’ll back you up.
1.3 Updating Windows 10
- Click Start, select Settings and then Update and Security.
- Click Windows Update and then click Check for Updates.
Run a scan of the PC with the Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and delays. Once the scan is complete, the damaged files will be replaced with new Windows files and components.
Disclaimer : You’ll have to switch to a paid plan to help.
Pay attention: If you have problems updating Windows 10, please read this manual to solve the problem in no time.
1.4 Disconnecting optional display adapters
- Right-click on the adapter added in the device manager.
- Select Disconnect and press Yes.
- Turn off the computer.
- Unplug the installation or recovery media (if used) from the wall outlet.
- Turn on the computer.
If this does not solve the problem with the flashing display, follow the steps below.
- Restart in secure mode
- Reactivating the optional display adapter
- Turn off the other adapter
When you are finished and the screen is sorted, exit Safe Mode to return the computer to normal mode.
1.5 Exit safe mode
- Right click on the start button
- Choose Start.
- Type msconfig.
- Click on the Boat tab
- Uncheck the Safe Boot checkbox.
- Restart your computer.
1.6 Use third-party software to update the graphics driver.
You can do all of the above or try to use special software that can update drivers and repair existing drivers automatically. We recommend DriverFix for this task because it is very reliable and fast.
The first step is to download and install DriverFix. The tool starts automatically and searches for problems or missing drivers and reports them within seconds.
You must either click on the Update button at the very top or check the individual boxes of the drivers you wish to update.
DriverFix solves the problem of flickering your laptop by automatically and quickly updating the drivers.
2. Check the Task Manager to correct the flashing of the display
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC simultaneously to enter the Task Manager function.
- If the task manager does not blink, the problem may be caused by a request.
- If Task Manager is flashing, the display driver may be the cause.
If you are unable to open Task Manager, we have an excellent guide to help you solve this problem.
3. Update of inconsistent applications
There are three applications that are known to flicker the screen in Windows 10 :
- Norton Antivirus
- IDT Audio
Updating an incompatible application (or contacting the manufacturer of a particular application for an update) usually solves the problem.
If the problem can be isolated for a single specific application, it’s easy. Of course, this is not always the case, so we cannot say with certainty whether it is a more general problem or simply a fraudulent and outdated application of malpractices.
Would you like to know more about msconfig and how it works? For more information, click here.
4. Disabling Windows desktop management
- Type services.msc in the search field and click on the Services application in the results.
- When prompted to enter or confirm a password, click Next.
- Scroll down and find the Desktop Window Manager session manager.
- Right-click and select Stop from the menu.
- Right-click again on the entry and select Properties.
- On the General tab, change the Startup Type to Disabled.
- Press OK or Enter.
We would like to know if one of these solutions works. Please let us know by leaving your answer in the comments below and any other questions you may have.
Do you still have a problem? Fix them with these tools:
This software corrects common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware errors, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance.
Troubleshoot PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download this much appreciated PC recovery tool from TrustPilot.com (you can download it from this page).
- Click the Start scan button to scan for Windows issues that may cause PC problems.
- Click on Restore All to solve problems related to patented technologies (exclusive discount for our readers).
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 players this month.
Editor’s comments : This article was originally published in October 2017 and revised and updated in January 2021 for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
laptop screen flickering windows 10,dell laptop screen blinking on and off,hp all in one screen flickering,how to fix screen flickering android,screen flickering laptop,laptop screen flickering lenovo,computer screen blinking on and off,screen flickering windows 7,screen flickering when playing games,screen flickering windows 10 reddit,windows 10 desktop and taskbar icons flashing,screen flickering android,monitor flickering lines,screen flickering windows 10,why is my screen flickering mac,windows 10 taskbar flickering reddit,taskbar flickering windows 7,zoom meeting screen flickering windows 10,how to fix laptop screen flickering problem windows 10,how do i stop my laptop screen from flickering?,how do i fix a flickering screen on windows 10?,laptop screen blinking on and off,why is my laptop screen flickering,laptop screen flickering when moved,windows 10 taskbar flickering