How to Fix No Audio Output Device is Installed in Windows
On a Windows desktop or notebook computer, an unexpected problem can sometimes occur The audio output device is not installed. In this article, we will show you how to solve this problem effectively.
You may suddenly notice that your laptop or desktop computer is silent and there is a small red mark on the volume icon in the taskbar. If you click on it, you will see that there is no sound device installed. This problem occurs in two situations. You may notice this after installing or restarting Windows 10. Moreover, it may suddenly appear on your Windows laptop or desktop computer. But the solutions for both situations are the same.
Causes a set of audio output devices to be missing Error:
The cause may be software or hardware related. If there is something wrong with the audio driver, you can find these errors. This may be due to an outdated version of the audio driver, a problematic Windows update, or a third-party service. Again, the same problem can occur if there is a problem with your sound card.
To fix a missing audio output device in Windows 10
You can easily solve this problem by following certain methods. Especially if there is no permanent damage, one of these methods should solve the problem of installing the audio output device.
1. Using built-in audio troubleshooting
When this problem occurs, a red sign should appear on the volume icon. But even if there is no red marker, you can still use this method. If you use the audio device troubleshooter on Windows 10, chances are you can fix the error that no audio device is installed. Here are the instructions to follow:
- First, right-click on the volume icon on the taskbar and select Fix Audio Problem.
- Then follow the troubleshooting instructions. The latest version of Windows 10 has a chat window where an artificial intelligence wizard helps you solve the problem.
However, if this doesn’t work or doesn’t feel right, you can use the following method.
2. Using the remote locator
Excellent troubleshooting tools are available. For example, Driver Booster. It has an audio troubleshooter that can fix the lack of audio device installation issues in Windows 10. Follow these instructions to use it.
- Then click on Mute Sound Correct.
- Now click on the Repair button. It analyzes and applies possible corrections.
- Finally, Driver Booster completes the troubleshooting of your audio system and you can hear the sounds of your PC again. When you hear a beep, press Yes. It works. Otherwise, press No. Try the following solution.
The free version of this program can solve your problem. However, there is also a professional version with advanced features. You can read the full review of Driver Booster Pro.
3. Audio driver update/installation
For any type of audio error in Windows 10, this method is a very effective solution. To solve the problem with the installation of the audio drivers, you can update the drivers. For this you can use one of the following best driver updates. These tools can do everything automatically.
However, if you want to update the drivers manually without using third-party software, follow these instructions.
- First open the Start menu, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. The Windows Device Manager opens.
- Now expand the Sound, Video and Game Controller section of the list.
- Then right-click on the audio drivers and select Update Driver. For example: High-resolution audio device.
- You can now select your preferred method for updating the audio driver.
- Restart Windows 10 after the update.
This should solve the problem of installing the audio device.
4. Return to previous version of audio driver
This problem may have occurred after updating the audio driver. This sometimes happens in the background when Windows is updating. As a result, you may not notice whether the driver has been updated or not. However, if the latest version is buggy or incompatible with other parts of your PC, you may have problems with the sound. It is therefore advisable to revert to the previous version if something bad happens. If the update is performed automatically by the Driver Loader or a third-party update tool, you can easily revert to a previous version. However, if you are updating Windows in the background, you need to take a manual approach. Here are the instructions:
- First, open the Device Manager as in method 3.
- Now find your audio driver and double-click on it. This opens the properties of the driver.
- Then click on the Drivers tab. You will see the possibility of going back. Click on it to go back.
That should solve the problem.
5. Reinstalling the audio driver
If the 4 previous methods do not work, reinstalling the audio driver may be the best option. If the driver software is damaged, it will fix all associated problems. However, here are the instructions for reinstalling the audio driver.
- First open the Windows Device Manager as before.
- Now find the audio driver, right click on it and click Remove Device.
- Then confirm the uninstallation.
- Now restart Windows. It should automatically reinstall the driver. If not, you can use Driver Booster or Driver Easy or Outbyte Driver Updates or any other third-party driver update program to do so.
Pay attention: In rare cases, Windows or even driver updates may not find the correct drivers. In this case, you should check your PC manufacturer’s website for drivers.
Finally, verify that the problem with the audio output device is resolved.
6. System recovery
System Restore is an excellent solution to overcome many Windows 10 related problems. In particular, if none of the above methods work, you can perform a system restore to a restore point where this problem did not occur. This should help you get rid of the deleted audio output device.
7. Check the unit for problems
The audio card itself may be damaged. You should check this yourself or with experience. If you find that the problem is related to the device, you may need to repair or replace it.
Here is how to fix the missing audio output device in Windows 10. If you know something better, you can write it in the comment box.
no audio output device is installed windows 7, no audio output device is installed windows 10 – (2020), windows 10 no audio output device is installed, how to enable audio output device windows 10, no audio output device is installed windows 10 hp, no audio output device is installed windows 8, audio output device download, no audio output device is installed windows 10 dell