Visual Studio Emulator for Android – Install Gapps (Google Play Services) –
I use the new VS Android emulator with Android Studio :
It does not have Google Play services installed…. So I’m following these installation instructions:
I downloaded the right gapps file (in my case) :
Now, I got the zip file to the ….. emulator and it’s just stuck in the copy file… Is there anything else we can do to get Gapps installed? How long does this installation usually take?
How can I solve this problem?
I tried it myself yesterday and I had the same problem. Apparently the drag and drop function didn’t work. So here’s how I solved the problem:
- Use the additional tools (small icon >>) for the emulator and click on the SD Card tab.
- Select a folder on your computer to synchronize with the virtual SD card.
- Drag and drop the SD card, which creates a folder structure in the selected folder.
- Now copy the gapps to the download folder.
- Press the SD card. This will take some time, and copy the zip file to your emulator.
- Execute the command line and navigate to the platform SDK tools in your Android SDK slot and run the adware.
- If your emulator is on the list, go to step 9.
- If you don’t see the emulator, do the following:
You can find the IP of the emulator by going to Settings -> About phone -> Status and IP in the emulator.
- Next, an adobe shell. This will give you a clue about the Android emulator.
- Confirm the existence of the gapps file: ls /sdcard/Download
- Now run install_zip.sh /sdcard/Download/.zip
This should start creating the firmware.
I hope this will help solve the problem.
Now you can just drag the Gapps file you want into the running emulator and you should see something like this:
Drag and drop will not work if you start the emulator from Visual Studio while working as an administrator in Visual Studio. To start the emulator by dragging and dropping it, it must be started from the Start menu (not as an administrator) and not from Visual Studio.
It looks like the emulator crashes if it tries to install files if it doesn’t find adb.exe.
- Make sure you have installed the Android SDK
- If you run regedit.exe and look at the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareWow6432NodeAndroid SDK Tools key, the value of the Path string will appear, indicating the location on the disk. Make sure there is a copy of adb.exe in the platform-tools directory in this path.
I hope this helps.
Solution No 5:
It seems that you have made the right choice by installing Google Apps, but in case these instructions could help:
Solution No 6:
I’ve found an online solution that works. The article says it only works for Android 5.1, I have not tried Marshmallow.
- Start Visual Studio Emulator for android from the Start menu
- Create a new emulator for Lollipop, 5.1.1 (API level 22), run it.
- Since VS emu runs on x86, we need the ARM translator, which you can find on this page:
How To Download & Install ARM Translation v1.1.zip for Genymotion
Drag the file to the emulator window, close the emulator and restart it if it is not done automatically.
- For example, install gapps from http://www.teamandroid.com/gapps/. B. gapps-lp-20150314.zip.
Just download it, drag it to the emulator and restart it.
- Wait until demand optimization is complete
- Open the Play Store, ignore any errors. If the game memory gets stuck, stop and restart.
- Open the side menu
- Go to parameters
- Scroll down to build version, press up key. You should receive a message that a new version of the Game Store is being installed.
- Wait until the XDE.exe process is no longer loaded.
- Restart the emulator
- Go back to memory playback, side menu, click create version – make sure it is updated. Otherwise, let him have the
- Install an application that uses gaming services, such as B. Check cards
Solution No 7:
I tried all the previous answers, including the accepted one about running the install_zip.sh shell script, but nothing worked well for me for the VS Android Lollipop (5.1) and Marshmallow (6) emulators. The problem also seems to be that Gapps now has native CPU-specific code, and most Gapps packages available for download are compiled for ARM processors. I’ve tried OpenGapps, which have processor-specific packages, but their complicated installation scripts didn’t work for me in US emulators.
I’ve finally found a Gapps package prepared for the ASUS Zenphone 2 with Intel processor – more precisely, I downloaded the recommended package here, and it’s perfectly installed by simply dragging and dropping it onto the Visual Studio emulator for Android 5.1.
Solution No 8:
By following the above instructions I was NOT able to run the Google Play Store on my VM Marshmallow 6.0.0 API-23 tablet in the US Emulator for Android.
I have tried all the above problem-solving methods in vain.
What finally worked for me was installing (via drag and drop) the PREVIOUS version of GAPPS (gapps-lp-20150314.zip) for Android 5.1 Lollipop API-22 in my Marshmallow 6.0.0 VM.
Worked like a charm!
Solution No 9:
Tomasz Chelecki has suggested a solution where the holes are closed twice.
First install the gapps downloaded here, restart the system and reinstall the gapps with the version downloaded here.
At least it worked out well for me.
Solution No 10:
You can simply use the Android Emulator (AVD) image, similar to the VM image on which the Google Play services are installed. It would be easier than trying to install it in an emulator. Normally you can view this Android studio under Tools > Android > AVD Manager and create a virtual device and select images that already have Google Play services.
gapps/5.1/gapps-l-4-21-15 zip,gapps 6.0 download zip,gapps for 4.1 2,download gapps signed zip,benzo gapps marshmallow,gapps download google drive link,cm 11 gapps,gapps for android 4.0 3 download,com google process gapps download apk,android 4.3 gapps,download gapps for 4.2 2,create avd with play store,avdmanager play store,android studio with play store,playstore not available in emulator,install google play android studio emulator,download google play services on emulator,how to update google play services in android studio emulator,how to install google play services in android studio emulator,install gapps on android emulator,add play services to android emulator,android emulator for visual studio 2017,consider using a system image with google apis to enable testing with google play services,visual studio android emulator install apk,visual studio 2019 android emulator